Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Week 2



Second week and I still don't have a picture of myself, therefore I'll post the icon of "The Black Madonna", which history states was painted by St. Luke, the Evangelist;  and it was while painting the picture Mary told him about the life of Jesus, which he later incorporated into his gospel.  I am a big fan of religious art and would rather use it than a picture of me. When I finally post my picture, you will see why.    


I did not mention in my blog Week 1 the amount of time it took me to actually sign up for a blogger as requested by the Professor.  Going through all the steps again and again it took me about 45 minutes.  The only internet access I have is dial up through my job and it is very slow. 

 

The assignment for this week is three fold.  One assignment is to create an identity by means of a business card.  The main focus of this assignment is to create a logo that will be a reflection of who I am.  The second assignment is to gather various examples of information graphics.  Third, information that is chartable must be researched regarding related facts about Abraham Lincoln. 

 

I am again using an image of Mary and Jesus instead of myself.  There is no image of me or my family available yet.  I’m still working on that.

 

Illustrator is new to me; therefore, I am collecting information from 4 to 5 books and a VHS tape.  After opening the program I went to the Rectangle tool and made a rectangle 3.5x2.  I took the type tool and typed in my personal info somewhat where I wanted it to be.  I then used the eclipse tool to place a circle in middle of the rectangle.  The pencil tool was used to draw a rugged cross through the center of the circle.  I think my business card looks rather amateur, however. I will get better as I become more familiar with the tools in Illustrator 10.  This process took me about 3.5 hours.  I need work on making the logo square and this one is not going to be my final choice for a personal logo.

 

I spent about 1 hour going over the various information graphics that are available on the Internet.  I downloaded various ones that appealed to me.

 

It took me about 45 minutes to search and download some interesting facts about Abraham Lincoln.  I downloaded information about him that is chartable. 

It's just 5 minutes before class and I just found a template for business cards in Illustrator 10.  I took me quite a while and reading books to figure it out.  Well, I now know how to size a shape to my specifications.

Adding my 1st time ever done and will improve on it eventually business card for viewing.

Divine Designs and  name was chosen because we frequently use the word divine to describe something that is appealing to us.  For instance, "that outfit looks divine on you" or "this meal is divine."  The circle is to portray the world.  The name divine is symbolized by the cross.  This is to imply that I have designs that are appealing the world over.  The logo of the world needs improving.  Right now it just looks like a brown circle with a cross going through it.  It intend to add some graphics to make it mirror the universe.

2 comments:

  1. I applaud your effort in completing the logo assignment however in your blog, I would like to see the logo image with a description of your concept behind your logo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I having trouble downloading the business card. I have added the description of the concept behind the logo. I will get the logo on week 2's blog.

    ReplyDelete