Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tree of Life


Here is the final image of my assignment.  I like the way it turned out considering what I started out with.  I learned a lot of new techniques.  I have got to keep on using them before I forget what I did.  I took about 3 1/2 hours to come to this final point.  The easiest part was gathering the images of the Lincoln family from the web.  Reducing the image to fit was a new experience.  Well not new, I just had not done it for 3 years therefore I forgot how to do it. 
I used the paint brush tool a lot and Prof. Peck showed me how to vary the width of the stroke.  I played with that a while trying to my the log look as wood like as I could.  I even added some extra branches to the trees using the paint brush tool and varying the width. 

I learned some things about Lincoln unknown to me before this project.  I knew nothing about his family. 
Abraham Lincoln was the son of Nancy Hanks Lincoln and Thomas Lincoln who later remarried Sarah Bush Johnston Lincoln who became Abraham's stepmother. 
Thomas and Nancy had three children, Sarah, Abraham and Thomas, who died as a child.  In 1818 Nancy died of milk sickness, so Thomas married Sarah Bush Johnston.  Sarah was Lincoln's older sister and there was no image available for her.
Abraham married Mary Todd Lincoln and together they had four children; Robert Todd, Edward, William, and Thomas.  Robert Todd was the only one of Lincoln's children to survive to adulthood.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment